I often challenge myself in 1 or 2 of the listed areas below to purge what’s no longer needed. You can do this any time but I tend to focus on this work around the full moon, during mercury retrogrades, or sometimes on a solar eclipse (powerful new moon).
- Purses/Bags, Shoes, Tops, Bottoms, Undergarments, Outerwear
- Tupperware, Pots/Pans, Baking Dishes, Silverware/Utensils, Refrigerator goods, Pantry Goods, Tea/Coffee, Appliances
- Books, Stationary, Pens/Pencils/Markers, Supplies, Unused Hardware/Cables
- Receipts, Bills, Contracts, Agreements, Mail, Life Essentials
- Towels, Cleaning Supplies, Games, Outerwear, Oversized Items, Infrequently used items, Sports equipment, Photos, Decor, etc.
- Personal Items
- Childhood treasures, Photos, Hobby equipment, Nostalgic items, Journals, Past work
- Living Areas
- Blankets, Games, Movies, Video Games, Remotes, Catch all corners/drawers, Display selves, Plants, Books, etc.
Please note: this work can be incredible emotional and have an effect on your energy (sometimes it’s energizing and other times draining) so give space, tons of self compassion, and take it at your own pace although do stay committed to the process.
Helpful Tips: I find it nice to listen to audio books, podcasts (like the companion episode to this post on: making room for something new), tv shows (I love a good long reality show like Big Brother), or favorite music while you do this to help pass the time! And of course, reward yourself with your favorite things, food, or activities after your work is done!